try

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summer  Wreath

So all over the neighborhood I can see signs that everyone is sprucing up their homes for the upcoming outside weather. 
While I personally am more of a indoorsey type I went to work sprucing up my entry way  :)
I found some amazing vintage fabric on one of my thrifting outings and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it...
I collected my supplies 
I had some fat quarters ( why in the world do they call it that... anyone...anyone??) that I got on clearance that matched my fabric perfectly. 

Don't you just adore the birdies??? It screams SUMMER to me.....

If I could sew worth a darn I would save this and make a gorgeous tank top for the Princess or myself, but since my sewing skills are equal to an 8 yr old I am using it in the next best way!

 I cut my fabric into roughly 2 inch scraps....

Than a broke out the most used small appliance in my house.... my trusty glue gun :)





When I was finished wrapping my wreath I set to work making it my own (or in my Mothers words Bedazzling it , LOL)



I ADORE fabric flowers and at any given time you can find these all over my house is different places... I just can't get enough :) In a matter of minutes you can make the ordinary .... EXTRAORDINARY ( ok now that you all think I am odd I will continue)






Isn't she lovely??? It took only about 15 minutes and $10 to bring some sunshine into my home :) 


 I hope you all are having a FABULOUS Memorial day weekend ! Thank you to all the men and Women who have or are serving to keep my  family safe. God Bless you!


Love,

Lilie

2 comments:

  1. Super Cute! Love the fabric flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to cover the wreath form with fabric! Looks lovely.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete