try

Friday, June 1, 2012

Just do it already....

I have this problem.... I walk through a yard sale or thrift shop and see something that peaks my interest and sets my creative juices flowing. I immediately buy said inspiration and than it 
SITS IN MY GARAGE FOREVER!!!!
(Does this happen at your house???)
So I have decided that if I can not get the project done in one week from purchase than it needs to stay there....
Here is this weeks "Just do it already"

I found these great shutters at a yard sale a while back and knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. I was going to turn them into a message center for my dining area. With three children my life can get hectic and I have recently been dropping the ball on important appointments out of sheer forgetfulness...( I can hear your collective sighs)  
I love starting a project with a half done slate... I mean look at the gorgeous aging already happening around the edges... It sends tingles of joy to see antiqued wood pieces... ( please tell me I am not the only one that loves wood)
 
I simply dry brushed some vanilla colored acrylic paint over the wood centers... Dry brushing is an awesome technique that allows you to still see most of the grain under the paint. The picture does not do a great job of showing you what I mean but next time you have a wood project try it out. You need a thick bristled brush and a tiny amount of paint.. Keep working the paint until you get the desired look. Your walls will thank me , your wrists how ever will not :)

This shows the grain through the paint a little bit better :)
Next I rummaged through my random supply bucket ( I know you super organized few are gasping at the thought of a bucket with random nails, hooks, screws, bobby pins, door handles and clothes pins. But for me its like shopping every time I go in there )

I chose four clothes pins and two hooks....
Here is my PSA for today... clothes pins are fragile and made of the cheapest wood possible... screwing directly into them will result in many failed attempts , some choice words, and lots of frustration!!!
Enter .... My knight in shinning Armour... and his power tools :)
Once he made the hole it was smooth sailing!
Isn't it lovely... I can already see it hanging in my dining area full of weeks old papers and coupons :/ 


So what projects are hanging around your house that you can do? Do you like me hoard goodies in your garage knowing that someday that they will make a wonderful this and that???
JUST DO IT ALREADY.....

Happy Friday :)

Love,

 Lilie 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment